Facility Rentals is now located at 491 Cecelia Road
Frequently Asked Questions
What rooms are available to rent?
Gyms, libraries, theatres, fine arts studios and multipurpose rooms are available:
- After 6:00 pm weekdays
- 8:00 am to 11:00 pm Saturday and Sunday
What sports can I play on school fields?
Fields are suitable for baseball, field hockey, soccer, rugby, football and frisbee.
When are fields available?
- During daylight hours only. No fields have lights
- After 6:00 pm weekdays
- Any time on Saturday and Sunday
- All fields are closed for the months of December, January and February
- Fields may at any time be unavailable due to maintenance, construction or weather
How much will it cost?
- Facility: Rental charges are dependent on the activity and space type.
- Tables and chairs: Are available at a rental charge.
- Custodian: A custodian is required for opening, security, setup and take down, cleaning and closing the building, when there is no regularly scheduled custodian on site (e.g., weekends, school breaks, etc.).
- School Theatres: Only theatres have for-profit fees and non-profit (must be registered non-profit society in BC). Minimum one Theatre Technician is required for lighting and sound for all theatre bookings
- Insurance: Yes, every group using our Schools and Grounds must have a minimum two million liability insurance per occurrence naming the Board of Education of School District No. 61 (Greater Victoria) as an additional insured. If you do not have insurance, it may be purchased through the School District.
How do I pay?
You can pay by credit card or cheque. Credit card is preferred. You can add the credit card to your account for automatic monthly payments.
When am I considered booked?
Once your Rental Permit has been confirmed by the school, your insurance has been received and payment terms agreed upon, you are considered booked.
The non-refundable administration fee as well as cancellation fee is due and payable immediately should you decide to cancel the permit.
Is sports equipment included?
Only nets are provided by the School District. Please refer to item 9 in the Terms and Conditions of Rental Agreement for the type of equipment that is allowed.
Where do I park?
Parking must be confined to the schoolâ€™s parking lot or street parking. Vehicles being driven on school property are limited to a maximum speed of 8 kilometers per hour. No parking is allowed on the schoolâ€™s field or paved playground. The group is solely responsible and liable for all vehicles parking on School District property. A parking lot gate key may be required for your booking and is available at the Rentals Department. A deposit is required and will be refunded when the key is returned.
Does the Custodian have to be in the school?
Yes. A Custodian is required to be on site who is familiar with the schoolâ€™s emergency and security procedures.
What happens if the school needs the room I booked?
The School and School District programs take priority over all other users. Schools are required to give at least two weeksâ€™ notice; however, sometimes a special situation may mean we have to cancel your booking on short notice. Once notified, your permit will be amended, and account credited.
What happens if I need to cancel or change a booking?
A cancellation or change fee will be processed for any cancellations or changes made.Ìý A flat fee will be charged with sufficient notice of 2 weeks.Ìý If the change or cancellation is made within 2 weeks of your booking, 50% of the booking fee will be charged.
I have a question not covered here â€“ where should I call?
Our Rentals staff will be happy to answer your questions.
Please call 250-920-3499